5 Steps to Close Out 2015 with Strong Year End Giving (A Checklist!)
#GivingTuesday is two weeks away. The year-end giving season is upon us. And today we want to give you resources, especially if you’ve barely started planning or still have a ways to go. Yesterday Kate Rose spoke at a phenomenal webinar with us (the recording is here) and shared these key take-aways you should keep in mind:
- Keep it simple by focusing on the story of one impacted person.
- Don’t reinvent the wheel. Reach out to your community on the platforms you’re already on. Start with a dedicated email blast, and then tell people about your campaign through social media.
- Staff, volunteers, and board members are the drivers of fundraising campaigns. Make sure they are all equipped with messaging and specific tasks.
- When using ads, promote posts that you’ve tested that already have high engagement and a clear call to action.
- Identify influencers (people that have a lot of followers) and email them to ask them to help you share the campaign.
As far as resources, make use of our Checklist For Year End Giving by downloading it as a PDF. This list can help shine light on what you need to do. Then, go in depth and learn from a robust Q&A by watching the webinar and looking at the slides on this same topic. The webinar is designed for those who need a basic overview of how to plan a robust fundraising campaign. This plan can also be adapted for those operating with very small budgets and time constraints.
Please know that we’re just an email away. If you need help launcing or fine-tuning your fundraising campaign, email Kate at email@example.com. Good luck!